Friday, July 31, 2009

Still not over it

I'm back on the white trim thing. I can't get it out of my mind. And seeing as how it would be a huge undertaking, the prospect has me thinking about how you go about home improvements with a baby in the house. It has been hard enough for me to abstain from doing things with toxic chemicals as a pregnant person. I've probably not been the best at fully avoiding things I shouldn't be doing just because I am that kind of person. Even when I am sick, I can't bring myself to just lie around the house. There are laundry and dishes and things to clean, etc. Cleaning wood with TSP and sanding and painting may be fine for me to do once I'm not pregnant, but then again, there will be a baby in the house and I can't imagine those things are good to have floating around in the air. What gives? Even opening all the windows or taking the baby out for the day don't seem to be solutions for ongoing projects that take longer than an afternoon. Is there a way to clean and sand and paint that isn't nasty for little lungs and eyes?

No comments: